Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate my team for Blue
The_Fuhrer Wrote:Lol, true. but I can't help you much on those. Because of all the complicated crap. I mean, hell, I can help SOME-WHAT
Oh, I wasn’t thinking so much about battling or getting help with teams yet. Just being able to trade and experiment with some ideas I got about PokéSav. I am planning on somehow re-creating my pokémon from the first two generations for Diamond and Pearl. I don’t plan on really playing FireRed/LeafGreen that much except to recreate my pokémon as closely as possible in those games so that they will be given personalities and abilities. Then I will transfer those into Rb/Sp/Em and from there Pokémon Box and Di/Pl. I also want to be able to trade. For instance I’d like to get maybe some rare berries, pokémon, etc. Also I have a blue ditto that FloppyBelly might like to have. I’d also like to see if anyone would like a ditto with maybe Mimic, Conversion 1 and Conversion 2 added. 8-) Or Mirror Move/Metronome? Seems to me a ditto should have been able to use these types of moves.

I have been working on a spreadsheet to figure out evaluations for moves of each type. The idea was to figure out the following:

1. The best move of type that the pokémon would learn without using the Trainer House trick. Example: For a grass-poison pokémon, the best grass attack and the best poison attack.
  2. The best move of a type that a pokémon should learn to use against a type of pokémon for which it would not have an effective attack. Over-simplified example: A grass pokémon should learn a ice move since grass attacks are weak against dragons. (You attack the opponent, not it’s attacks.)

Factoring in abilities will make this spreadsheet very complex for the third and fourth generations. But even just for the first two generations I need help from someone good with formulas and statistics like Quiet Joe. Of course, I will also need to update my spreadsheet with the new moves from the last two generations. That alone will take some time.

Later,
Rod
If Copycat gives you Mimic for a poké doll, and a rail pass for a clefairy doll, what do you think she would give you for a ditto?
Rod, you blow my mind. XDD

And no, you never really OVER-SIMPLIFY things. Just to point that out.

Also, if it's not a hassle, if I post teams, will you rate them and give me some pointers Wink
Yeah, I never make a long story short either. 8-)

Yes, I will be glad to rate your teams. Besides if I don’t who will?

Later,
Rod
True, this place is dead silent. Like GHPF was for about 2 months a couple years ago. I wish KS would get back on GHPF, also MLG, I miss them. ;_;
The_Fuhrer Wrote:True, this place is dead silent. Like GHPF was for about 2 months a couple years ago. I wish KS would get back on GHPF, also MLG, I miss them. ;_;
I thought I have seen MLG recently. I know I’ve seen KholdStare, so maybe you mean SK?

Later,
Rod
Don’t you just hate it when someone doesn’t finish what they
I mean KholdStare, he hasn't posted in forever. And MLG seems to just lurk the place not actually doing anything D:
I'm back guys, at least for the holidays. I've been working on pokemon herb and might even make it it's own forum.
They don’t seem to contribute as much as Ametrine, which in a way I can understand that, because she’s older, so has more experience, and is very well read. On the other hand FloppyBelly also contributes quite a bit too. KholdStare and MLG seem to just be moderating. I don’t know, seems that all of the moderators are pretty smart, but the . . . guys? Could it be a guy thing? I mean look they’re all smart, but only the gals are participating. FloppyBelly has just as much school as the guys. Even FrostFire doesn’t seem to participate much—just lurk.

Later,
Rod
Yay! Bayleef’s back—in mid-post! 8-) We missed you. We’ve been keeping the forum warm for you. How’s Chikorita? FB almost got grounded and there is news about MLG and someone else may be working on movesets for Go/Si/Cr at GHPF. Check out the thread about your suggestion before it’s too late.
Yes, quite nice to have you back.

And Rod, it's not a guy thing per-say. It's just that MLG and KS either have nothing to say, or are just having fun reading. Like I did when I downloaded the MTC Threads and read them. I didn't contribute but it sure as Hell got me into MTC's, and look at me now. I've beaten Pokemon Crystal over 35 Times, trying to beat it with all Flying ATM.

So, to conclude, I highly doubt it's a guy thing.
Yes, Crystal. I screwed up my experiment in Crystal and had to start my legendary team over again from level 18. I have them up to about 22 now and have decided to give my ditto a bit of an edge so it can keep up by letting it advance a couple of levels ahead of the rest and letting it hold the Experience Share while not in the lead. When I get them back up to levels 35 or 40 I will have them go up against the Elite Four. The team is:
Metamon, ditto; Freezer, articuno; Thunder, zapdos; Fire, moltres; Moonshadow, mewtwo; and Devil, mew.

As it is right now the only one with any surprises as far as learned moves go is possibly the mewtwo. Otherwise the goal now is just to compare their stats at level 100 after being raised from level 7 with the average level 100 stats being raised from the levels that they are normally found listed in the Versus Books’ Crystal Guide. I am doing a parallel experiment in Yellow. So far there are no surprises there either.

The only real surprise was with the mewtwo having a moveset no one really called (but Prima was the closest) to begin with at level 7. The legendary birds started with the same moves they have at level 50. So that makes it look like Nintendo never intended them to appear before that level. However since mewtwo starts with different moves that makes it look as if Nintendo thought of having it start at a lower level.

Later,
Rod

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rate my team jedimaster95 44 5,585 Today, 10:53 AM
Last Post: deshmusingh
  Curious how you would rate this team White Phoenix 4 1,147 Today, 10:18 PM
Last Post: joe_sampson21
  RBY NetBattle Team >>Rate<< The_Fuhrer 2 3,701 Today, 10:06 PM
Last Post: The_Fuhrer