Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate my team for Blue
Ok, I have a new Blue game started and a new team. It seems pretty good, but those rattatas and raticates with Hyper Fang are a menace! Nothing else seems to stick in my mind as a real problem, but somehow the dragonaire, alakazam, and lapras seem to be lacking. I also still have the rest of the game to go with three gyms left, Saffron, Cinnabar, and Viridian.

Right now they are all about level 37/38.

dragonaire (Cloud)
Wrap
Ice Beam
Thunder
Toxic
I have found Toxic and Wrap are an awesome combo and use it when the opponent is resistant to ice attacks. Anything better than Toxic-Wrap? Dragonaire gets the trade advantage. I thought of adding a fire attack to defend against ice types. The dragonite will get STAB for Dragon Rage, but the attack is only strong against other dragons, so it seems rather useless. Other attack types are more versatile and I have Ice Beam for other dragons.

lapras (Aquamarine)
Surf
Ice Beam
Mimic
Confuse Ray
My lapras seems to be a little slow.

sandslash (Hatchet)
Poison Sting
Sand-Attack
Cut
Dig
I use it to cut trees and get out of dungeons quickly. Poison Sting and Sand-Attack are little used. I think replacing Slash with Poison Sting may have been a mistake. Need something to hit flyers.

raichu (Lightning)
Thunderbolt
Swift
Thunder
Body Slam
I don’t like swift. What can I teach raichu for those ground types?

alakazam (Blackstone)
Tri Attack
Seismic Toss
Psychic
Recover
Tri Attack and Seismic Toss are for going against other psychics.

My dragonaire learned Toxic from another game, so Toxic is still available.

Later,
Rod
Dragonair
Wrap
Bizzard or Ice Beam (Blizzard has 90% accuracy in RBY)
Thunderbolt (Thunder has only 70% accuracy IIRC)
Toxic

Lapras
Surf
Ice Beam or Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Body Slam or Rest

Sandslash
Body Slam
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

Raichu
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Surf
Seismic Toss

Alakazam
Psychic
Rocover
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss/Elemental Punches/Reflect

That might work. Wink

Yes! I like it. However, there are problems.

Only one of each of the following TMs:
Blizzard (Cloud or Aquamarine), Ice Beam (used on Cloud), Thunderbolt (Cloud or Aquamarine), Body Slam (Aquamarine or Hatchet), Thunder Wave (Lightning or Blackstone), Seismic Toss (used on Blackstone).

Cloud can still learn Dragon Rage and Hyper Beam (meh). I could teach Cloud Dragon Rage or Hyper Beam now in which case it will learn something else at levels 45 and 60, respectively.

Aquamarine can still learn Hydro Pump (meh meh). Either I didn’t allow it to learn Body Slam or I replaced it with Mimic. So I can give it Rest and teach Hatchet Body Slam. I plan on feeding Aquamarine Carbos to max out its speed.

Hatchet can still learn Swift (8-þ~~~) and Fury Swipes. Cut cannot be displaced in Blue, bu I could trade to Crystal or Silver and send him to a move deleter.

For Cut I could trade for the farfetch’d and replace my pidgey slave with it. Then teach Dux Fly and Cut.

Lightning cannot learn any more moves except by TM/HM. Raichus can learn Surf without editing? 8-D I plan on feeding Lightning Iron to max out its defense. It can learn the TMs Thunder Wave, Body Slam, Reflect, Bide, and Rest.

Blackstone has only Reflect left to learn. It can learn Reflect in which case the game will give him a different move to learn at level 42, Thunder Wave, Mega Kick or Mega Punch, but no Elemental Punches, Ice moves or Fire moves. Some HP Up with a side order of Iron and Protein?

The Monster Brain is used only for repairing damage from experiments, or things like removing the trade advantage to make an experiment come out correctly. Also for backing up games. Well . . . I did give the pikachu in Yellow Surf so I could see if Pikachu’s Beach House game could be activated and another one Fly just to see what would happen.

By the way, for some reason, Gary has replaced his exeggcute with a gyarados. His starter was the bulbasaur (I picked the squirtle).

Later,
Rod
He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.
Abraham Lincoln
Gary had an exeggcute? When he also had a Bulbasaur? Strange...
Maybe I wasn’t paying attention on the previous fight. I was thinking Gary was using a growlithe, exeggcute, kadabra, pidgeotto, and a bulbasaur. Maybe it was a gyarados not a exeggcute at Nugget Bridge. I don’t remember now.

Later,
Rod
I’d claim senility, but I’ve been like this since I was eleven. 8-)
White Phoenix Wrote:Ok, I have a new Blue game started and a new team. It seems pretty good, but those rattatas and raticates with Hyper Fang are a menace! Nothing else seems to stick in my mind as a real problem, but somehow the dragonaire, alakazam, and lapras seem to be lacking. I also still have the rest of the game to go with three gyms left, Saffron, Cinnabar, and Viridian.

Right now they are all about level 37/38.

dragonaire (Cloud)
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Thunder
Toxic
I have found Toxic and Wrap are an awesome combo and use it when the opponent is resistant to ice attacks. Anything better than Toxic-Wrap? Dragonaire gets the trade advantage. I thought of adding a fire attack to defend against ice types. The dragonite will get STAB for Dragon Rage, but the attack is only strong against other dragons, so it seems rather useless. Other attack types are more versatile and I have Ice Beam for other dragons.

lapras (Aquamarine)
Surf
Ice Beam
Mimic
Confuse Ray
My lapras seems to be a little slow.

sandslash (Hatchet)
Toxic
Sand-Attack
Slash (Trade to G/S/C, delete and then back?)
EQ
I use it to cut trees and get out of dungeons quickly. Poison Sting and Sand-Attack are little used. I think replacing Slash with Poison Sting may have been a mistake. Need something to hit flyers.

raichu (Lightning)
Thunderbolt
Swift
Mimic?
Body Slam

alakazam (Blackstone)
Reflect
Seismic Toss
Psychic
Recover
Tri Attack and Seismic Toss are for going against other psychics.

My dragonaire learned Toxic from another game, so Toxic is still available.

Later,
Rod

Hope that helped some-what.
dragonaire (Cloud)
Hyperbeam
Blizzard
Thunderbolt / Thunder
Toxic
Ok, at first I was a little confused why you replaced Wrap with Hyperbeam, since Wrap keeps the opponent from attacking and the user is vulnerable while re-charging. But while re-charging the opponent is being poisoned with Toxic and HB would definitely be good against ice, so that’s ok.

lapras (Aquamarine)
Surf
Ice Beam
Mimic / Thunderbolt (oops, still only one T-bolt)
Confuse Ray / Rest
Did you not change Aquamarine, because you think that Bayleef’s assessment is good?

sandslash (Hatchet)
Body Slam / Toxic
Sand-Attack / Swords Dance
Rock Slide
Earthquake (consensus)
You would rather cut the opponent’s defense than build the user’s attack? Six of one, half-dozen of the other. Either way, use Toxic before using that move. Ok. Can’t do Slash. I screwed up and replaced it with Poison Sting and there’s no TM for Slash. 8-( Rock Slide should be good though.

raichu (Lightning)
Thunderbolt (consensus)
Swift > Thunder Wave
Thunder > Mimic?
Body Slam

alakazam (Blackstone)
Tri Attack > Reflect (consensus)
Seismic Toss (consensus)
Psychic
Recover

Thanks for the advice, Fuhrer and Bayleef.

Later,
Rod
You could hack him a Surf (Raichu that is) and pass it off as an evolved Sufing Pikachu
The Fuhrer Wrote:You could hack him a Surf (Raichu that is) and pass it off as an evolved Surfing Pikachu

Hmm. Actually, I am planning on restarting all of my games and playing them in sequence starting with first generation this time. (I started with Crystal then wound up getting the others, then back-tracking over and over, loosing my favorite pokémon, etc.) Once my N64 arrives I can play Stadium 1 and have a pikachu (or more) learn Surf legitimately. In fact, I was going to create a special pikachu from Yellow (OT: Misty) named Wipeout and then trade it to Blue (water) and use it to get Surf from Stadium 1, maybe instead I will just put Wipeout on my team in place of Lightning (better name anyway).

I am also going to find out if you can really get a Flying pikachu from Stadium 1. That one is going to Red if it works. Otherwise, I will use the Trainer House trick. ;-)

Later,
Rod
Famous last words: Next time it will be different!
Interesting. However I am not a huge fan of Pikachu. Are you going to trade to G/S/C because of Light Ball? Because Pikachu + Light Ball + Surf = pwnage

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rate my team jedimaster95 44 5,585 Today, 10:53 AM
Last Post: deshmusingh
  Curious how you would rate this team White Phoenix 4 1,147 Today, 10:18 PM
Last Post: joe_sampson21
  RBY NetBattle Team >>Rate<< The_Fuhrer 2 3,701 Today, 10:06 PM
Last Post: The_Fuhrer