Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shiny Ditto
Ok, I just started a new Blue game for this experiment.

I have discovered that the trick to getting a shiny ditto not only works, but you do not need a red gyarados to do it. Any shiny pokémon will do. I don’t have access to my shiny gyarados right now so I used my purple lapras.

What you need:
A metallics generation game in progress with at least one shiny pokémon that can learn Mimic in the chromatics games (usually the red gyarados) or already knows Mimic. For this example, we will use Crystal.
A chromatics generation game in progress at least far enough to find a wild ditto. Also the Mimic TM should be unused (or using the unlimited objects cheat, have it duplicated). If you are using a shiny pokémon that already knows Mimic, the TM isn’t necessary.

1 Trade your shiny pokémon from Crystal to Blue.
2 Put your shiny pokémon (it won’t be shiny in Blue) in the lead position of your team and teach it Mimic (if it doesn’t already know Mimic).
3 Go to an area of the game where the wild dittos are. In Blue I went to Route 14.
4 When a ditto attacks, have the shiny pokémon use Mimic on the first round. Mimic the ditto’s Transform.
5 Ditto will use Transform and become the pokémon with Transform instead of Mimic.
6 Keep attacking ditto or otherwise stall by playing the pokéflute, healing, etc. Goad the ditto into using Transform at least three times. (It probably works after the second time or even the first, but why take chances?)
7 Get the ditto’s HP down without knocking it out—well, you know the drill—capture the ditto.
8 Take ditto to a PokéCenter and trade it and your shiny pokémon back to Crystal.
9 You should have a blue ditto.

Here’s what I have:
Amethyst
Purple Lapras
Lv 38 F
HP 158
Atk 79
Def 80
SpA 84
SpD 91
Spd 65
Surf
Ice Beam
Mimic
Confuse Ray
OT (Yellow)

Azure @ Metal Powder
Blue Ditto
Lv 26 N
HP 65
Atk 31
Def 35
SpA 35
SpD 35
Spd 35
OT (Blue)

Later,
Rod
Sylph: Better pokémon through technology.
Aha, I was trying to catch a ditto on Gold, no wonder it didn't work. It has to be in Blue? I guess I'll have to try that later, if I ever get my cartridges fixed. Thanks.
Hey, why don't you let us know if it actually makes it any easier to breed shinies, and if so, tell us what you got. Also, when you're done with it, it might be fun to have a shiny ditto with Hidden Power or whatever.
Well, the other instructions that I had found stated that the red gyarados should be transfered to a chromatics game to learn Mimic. Then when brought back to your metallics game all of his other moves should be deleted. Then find and battle a ditto.

Another reason that you weren’t able to do this in gold may be that the person who posted the trick I copied was not accurate in his story. The Shiny Ditto Trick would have been corrected just as the Mew Trick would have been eliminated from the metallics generation. By the programmers fixing the memory fault that caused both errors. They are, after all, very similar errors.

The problem that I came across that worried me doing the GameFAQs instructions was that there was no way to delete moves. Since there isn’t any way to control the ditto you have to wait until he uses Transform enough to be sure his original IV stats are erased.

I think I posted this somewhere, but if you could give a ditto any other move along with Transform what would you give him? Also see #877 in the Countdown thread.

FloppyBelly Wrote:Hey, why don't you let us know if it actually makes it any easier to breed shinies, and if so, tell us what you got. Also, when you're done with it, it might be fun to have a shiny ditto with Hidden Power or whatever.
And now that YoMamaTheCableGuy is back, we can get advice from him about breeding moves learned through the Trainer House Trick. Or if he never experimented with it yet, well, it could be a very interesting to compare notes.

Later,
Rod
Hi ho! Hi ho! It’s off to work I go. . . . >sigh< unfortunately someone called off—again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shiny Pokemon Guide yomamathecableguy 4 1,212 Today, 01:06 PM
Last Post: malinhardly