Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustration—and I don’t mean the TM
You can’t trade pokémon between Rb/Sp/Em and Di/Pl at all? Maybe Nintendo will create a device or method to do that?

>sigh< Well, at least they have a system in place to migrate pokémon from the 3rd to 4th generations. Also fortunately I have Monster Brain and AR to save my games so that I won’t permanently loose them from the 3rd generation. But still that is a dumb move on Nintendo’s part. I’m sure that there are a lot of players out there who are not happy about this.

Makes me want a PC version even more now. Install the next module and upgrade the entire game.

Later,
Rod
I am not mad! I’m just a little bugged.
I really don't know. I'm pretty sure that there will be new methods of getting the pokemon but I wish that they were all in one generation, with about 75 pokeys each and about 10 games to trade from. Not:

RBY: 151
GSC: 100 + RBY ones

I wish it was something like:

RBY: 80
GSC: 60
Stadium: 15
RSE: 75
Stadium 2: 25
Colluseum: 50
XD: 50
Pokemon Snap/Channel: 5
DP: 120

I wish they were all in one group so there could be trading from RBY to DP. (you can't trade DP to RBY but RBY to DP) Ya know what I mean?
You know, writing with Ametrine in GHPF has given me ideas along this line. You are right, each new region should have had only its own unique pokémon. Maybe with a very few in common with other regions, but for the most part the pokémon in one region should be the only place they can be found. Just like in the real world. You find a few species that have been either accidentally or deliberately imported into other parts of the world or maybe like the Norweigian rat all over the world. But you won’t find a mountain lion in the wild in Asia or a kangaroo in Europe.

Oh, I want to create a Pokémon game for the PC soooooo bad.

In Snap, I had the impression that Prof. Oak had the pokémon imported there for study like the real life park, Africa, USA near San Diego. And in Stadium the pokémon were brought by trainers or there were the loaners. Either way they weren’t there naturally.

Later,
Rod
There is a way,but you cannot get the pokemon going to diamond and pearl back so if you try a starter,best breed it with a ditto first.it's called migration!you can send 6 pokemon from past regions to the sinnoh region in an area called pal park.then you must capture them using six park balls(different coloured master balls if you prefer as they have 100% ratio of catching the pokemon you migrated^_^ But you can't keep them<_>)then you store them in your pc boxes. my bro did so with his mewtwo and his charizard but they are missing now.
Yeah, I read about migrating the pokémon to Di/Pl. As stated, it isn’t the same. 8-(

To bad there isn’t a game editor for the later pokémon games like Monster Brain. I don’t care for plugging in codes to get super-enhanced pokémon, but using MB to duplicate the pokémon would have solved the problem of getting the pokémon I have as they are into the new games.

OTOH, migration is ok. I would just capture them as wild pokémon over again and that way they wouldn’t be traded pokémon. I am not worried about losing anything in my original games, because I have those game backed up and if my favorite pokémon are saved in another game, I can start the other games over anyway. I had bought a used Ruby game and found all of the rare pokémon on it except there are only a few unown and none of them are the punctuations. I don’t know if they were gotten legally or not, but I have been hesitant to just chuck them. Migration would be a way of making them mine. I have LeafGreen now so I can always find the unowns on my own.

Some of the pokémon that I would like to keep, are a couple of mewtwos, a purple lapras, my pikachus, the legendaries I had captured at level 7, other legendaries from Go/Si/Cr, a level 100 hitmonchan (stop laughing), a level 100 parasect (I mean it, stop laughing) and my ditto with Hidden Power (get off the floor).

Later,
Rod
Press any key to conti—what? No! Not that on . . . . *